Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

POPPING THE QUESTION

I have been a bad blogger. Work got busy, freelance became slow and in between all of that... we bought a house and became engaged!

As soon as I got engaged the question I heard most often was "when is the wedding!", the second question I got frequently asked was "are you going to design your invitations yourself?". To answer everyone's questions... October 5, 2013 and yes, absolutely!

I'd be lying if I said I haven't already started thinking of the designs, but now that I am actually designing for MY wedding, there is a lot more pressure and I am having a hard time making my mind up. I have a ton of great ideas and a lot of time to think it through.

While I mull through ideas for our save the dates and invitations, I decided to start by designing something small... something for my bridesmaids. While most brides give their girls presents and gifts, I on the other hand am a bride on a budget, so I created this sweet little card to give to them... or as Collin calls it "an invitation to be my bridesmaid".





I designed all the cards and printed them out. The diamond printed in a light brown color, I then traced it and filled it in with a fine tip glue pen and the sprinkled embossing glitter on top. Super easy. Super fun. I love the finished glittery look.

3 comments: